Last updated: May 24, 2018
- We may collect and receive information about users of our Services ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Services (your "Account") if you register for the Services; (ii) your use of the Services; and (iii) from third-party websites, services, and partners.
informed. If you
disclosure practices, please contact us at [email protected]
Scope, definitions, and interpretation
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts, and partnerships;
- "EU" is the European Union Member States;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- "Cookies" are small text files placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website.
Information We Collect
- Account Registration: When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, a security question answer, and telephone number. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code to sign up for our Services.
- Payment Information: When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
- Communications: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- ID Verification: When you place an order on our website, we asses the risk involved with it. For certain orders, we may ask you to send us a copy of a government-issued photo ID which will be used to verify your identity.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Union ("EU"), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Usage of our Services: When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our Services, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Third-Party Accounts: If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we will receive information about that account, such as your authentication token from the third-party account, to authorize linking. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Third-Party Partners: We may also receive publicly available information about you from our third-party partners and combine it with data that we have about you.
How We Use Information
- We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Process your transactions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
How We Share Information
- We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Information We Share When You Sign Up Through a Referral: If you sign up for our Services through a referral from a friend, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Services.
- Aggregate Information: Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
- Advertising: We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
- Third-Party Partners: We also share information about users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly available information about you, including for the purpose of fraud prevention.
- Fraud Prevention: Maple-Hosting uses fraud prevention tools and/or services to screen new orders for previous fraudulent activity and report existing clients who violate our Terms of Service. As part of this endeavor, we may share your personal information with the third parties that provide these tools and/or services.
- Domain WhoIs Contact Information We are required by ICANN guidelines, and/or the Registries who issue domains, to collect and retain certain personally identifiable information. This information is further required by law to be made publicly available unless you choose to use a privacy service to anonymize the information, such as PrivacyProtect.org. However, if at least one of the Registrant, Admin, Tech or Billing contacts is identified as being from the EU, we will mask the WHOIS output for that domain name with placeholder details in place of the users’ personal information (this service will be referred to as “GDPR WHOIS Protection”). For more information, please see the section titled "Domain WhoIs Data". Due to the fact that domain name registration information is available to the public, anyone can access it through "Whois" searches.
- Business Transfers: Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent: We may share information with your consent.
Domain WhoIs Data
- We are required by ICANN guidelines, and/or the Registries who issue domains, to collect and retain certain personally identifiable information. This information is required to be kept current and may be viewed or changed via the client area. ICANN requires that registrars must retain the Whois information, whether or not protected by a privacy service, for two (2) years after the domain expires or you are no longer the registrant.
- Due to the fact that domain name registration information is available to the public, anyone can access it through "Whois" searches.
- This information is further required by law to be made publicly available unless you choose to use a privacy service to anonymize the information, such as PrivacyProtect.org, or, unless at least one of the Registrant, Admin, Tech or Billing contacts is identified as being from the EU. If we identify one or more of the mentioned contacts as being from the EU, we will mask the WHOIS output for that domain name with placeholder details in place of the users’ personal information (this service will be referred to as “GDPR WHOIS Protection”). WHOIS data for identified EU customers will always be masked regardless of whether or not Privacy Protection is enabled.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, access to personal data of domain name registrants may be granted when such access is necessary for technical reasons such as for the facilitation of transfers, or for law enforcement when it is legally entitled to such access.
Third party websites and services
- Maple-Hosting may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Links to other websites
- Data security is of great importance to Maple-Hosting and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Lawful Basis For Processing Personal Information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion of the data is possible.
- Due to possible governmental audits, we usually retain personal information for 3.5 years after the time it was last actively used as part of an active contract.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Maple-Hosting (where such Data is held and can be provided without a disproportionate effort). For most requests, we will provide the data within 3 weeks from the time you request it.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have a right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. You can update your profile information through the Website or contact us to have it updated. In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to refuse a request for rectification.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected or processed for.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- You can exercise these rights by emailing [email protected]
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it or outside of it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
- There are a number of ways for you to manage cookies and other tracking technologies. Through your browser settings, you can accept or decline cookies or set your browser to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. The various browsers provide different procedures to manage your settings. Click on any of the browser links below for instructions.
- You should be aware that you may not be able to use all our website features and/or service features if you set your browser to disable cookies entirely. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your preferences.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- You may contact Maple-Hosting by email at [email protected]